The Bachelor of Arts is a second undergraduate degree that allows students to explore areas touched on in their undergraduate degree but not studied in depth, or to begin studying in a completely new area of humanities and social sciences.
The Bachelor Degree in Arts is interdisciplinary and the curriculum is flexible enough to accommodate most students’ interests. Arts students often have interests in: History, Literature, Classics, English, Languages, Philosophy, Political Science, and Religious studies.
They are encouraged to think about cultural, linguistic, and geographic differences and to ask how and why these variations have occurred over time.
Studying Arts encourages students to take an innovative approach to addressing global issues and fosters a global perspective. There are universities and institutions that offer this program for free or offer the possibility of a scholarship.
The Free Bachelor Degree in Arts is a powerful academic foundation that gives you the opportunity to develop skills that employers value in employees. These include: oral and written communication, interpersonal, teamwork, technical, analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and problem solving.
What is and What Does a Bachelor in Arts Do ?
A Bachelor of Arts is a person who has the ability to evaluate evidence and research skills to acquire information. They use these skills to discover why we are the way we are.
To do this, they need to think critically and creatively. Bachelors of Arts are self-reliant researchers who seek a variety of resources to answer complicated questions.
They are skilled communicators who can convey complex ideas orally and in writing. They resist easy answers or simplistic solutions.
Bachelor of Arts graduates strive to develop an ethical and intellectual framework within which they can understand what it means to be human and how this changes over time.
Some of their tasks are:
- Critically analyze, apply and communicate an advanced level of understanding of the content, research methods and theoretical frameworks that form the knowledge base of at least one discipline, and use the research skills acquired through exposure to various disciplines.
- Demonstrate the critical ability to analyze truth claims and evidence, and use training and judgment to adapt skills and knowledge in different contexts
- Participate responsibly in academic or professional practice in cooperation with others, demonstrating an ability to adapt to the worldview of others and achieve agreed-upon results through the use of highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Devise time management practices to manage competing demands, participate in professional development and demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning
- To use the knowledge base and methodologies of the disciplines studied in order to find innovative solutions and provide authoritative advice, in a variety of contexts and in a manner appropriate to the audience
Program, Subjects and Content of the Bachelor Degree in Arts
These are some of the topics that can be included in the program content of a Bachelor of Arts degree:
- Introduction to Literature
- Life under scrutiny
- Law and Justice
- Fate and the Individual in Literature
How Long Does the Bachelor Degree in Bachelor Degree in Arts Take ?
A Bachelor of Arts degree can last from 3 to 5 years, approximately.
Where Can I Work with the Career of Arts?
Students with a Bachelor of Arts degree develop skills that are valued by employers. They can find employment in government, non-profit organizations, social services, educational institutions, and businesses, depending on their skills, experience, and interests.
Some job titles may be:
- Elementary and secondary school teachers
- Post secondary teachers
- Lawyers and judges
- Education administrators
- Secondary School Teachers
- Social workers
- Accountants and auditors
- Chief executives and legislators
Countries and Cities Where You Can Study the Bachelor Degree in Arts for Free Obtaining a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Bachelor Degree in Arts is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Bachelor of Arts
- University of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma, United States.
Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- University of Flinders
- South Australia, Australia.
Bachelor of Arts in History
- University of Leeds Beckett
- England, United Kingdom.
Bachelor of Arts in Law and Justice
- Laurentian University
- Sudbury, Canada.
Bachelor of Arts in Portuguese and Business
- Nova School of Business and Economics
- Lisbon, Portugal.
Bachelor of Arts in Theology – General Theology
- South African Theological Seminary
- Sandton, South Africa.
Bachelor Degree in Arts Reference Prices
The prices of the Bachelor of Arts can be varied. The prices of these degrees are between $6,200 and $36,800. In some cases it may cost more.
The cost of this degree will vary according to the country where it is taught, the institution or university that teaches the degree, the modality, the duration and the materials provided during the study, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of BACHELOR DEGREE