Definition of Truck Weighing Scales
Truck scales, also known as weigh scales, are essential weighing machines for entrepreneurs who are in the trucking business.
These devices help calculate the weight of the cargo being transported by weighing a truck before and after loading it. Truck scales are designed to withstand enormous amounts of abuse. For example, some modern scales can handle gross weights in excess of 80,000 pounds.
Scales on Sale at AMAZON Online Stores in United State, Canada and United Kingdom. Look For Prices, Offers, Features, Models, Brands and Reviews
How Does the Truck Scale Work ?
A truck scale works like a good bathroom scale. A good bathroom scale. Truck scales are very simple. They use electronic load cells.
All the complex geometry of the past disappears, as the weight on the four or six load cells only has to be added up to get the right weight. The weight of the platform is then subtracted to obtain the net weight of the truck axles on the scale.
Types or Models of Truck Scales
All truck scales are constructed of steel, concrete or a combination of both. However, different weigh scales work differently.
Load Cell Scales
- Types of truck scales and ways to weigh, each cell is made of a durable material, such as steel or concrete, with at least one tension meter attached or embedded in the cell.
- A voltage meter basically consists of one or more wires that transmit a moderate electrical current. When subjected to weight, the cables inside the cell are slightly compressed or altered.
- The signal from each cell is sent to a nearby junction box where sensors measure variations in current. This variation is used to calculate the amount of weight felt on the scale.
- There are two types of voltage meters; compression and tension.
- Compression gauges depend on how much the scale cells are compressed when they are under pressure, while tension gauges depend on small changes in cell shapes.
Bending Plate Scales
These scales use metal plates attached to the strain gauges. When weight is applied, the plates are subjected to stress. The strain gauges only need to determine how much stress is displayed on each plate to determine how much weight is sitting on the plate. The sum of the measurements of each gauge gives the total weight on that axis.
These scales use a series of piezoelectric sensors. When subjected to weight, the pressure within the scale alters the voltage of the load flowing through the electrical conductor in which the sensors are embedded. The sensors measure the voltage variation and use it to calculate the weight on the scale. The results of all the sensors are added up.
Pneumatic Suspension Scales for Trucks
- This is an accurate and affordable way to save money; time and fuel by eliminating overweight fines, checking weighing fees, off-road miles and increasing productivity by reducing work time and loads.
- The Pneumatic or Smart suspension scale also eliminates the complicated installation, maintenance and downtime associated with wired onboard scales.
- Depending on temperature and pressure changes in your vehicle’s air suspension and spring tension measurements
- It calculates very accurate measurements of the axle weight and the gross vehicle weight.
- Ideal for commercial truck and fleet operators who want a simple and accurate way to meet payload targets, load efficiently and eliminate overweight violations.
Portable Truck Scales
Portable truck scale, consisting of two ultra-thin platforms made of high-strength steel alloy, with four rubber slopes and a portable weighing indicator.
Spill resistant rubber, connected to a portable platform to keep the vehicle in the weighing state and maintain the stability of the weighing to ensure that the portable weighing platform bridge does not bounce. Suitable for different types of static vehicles with dynamic weighing.
Regulations for the Use of Scales and Truck Weights
- Most truck scales are used in commerce and therefore must meet certain minimum requirements.
- Requirements to ensure that the weight readings they produce are accurate
- The Evaluation Program is used to evaluate the weighing instruments and their components and, when determined to be in compliance, issue a Certificate of Compliance.
- There are certain requirements for the scale site.
- The floor must support sufficient load.
- Ability to support the base of the scale and the structure of the scale plus the loads being weighed.
After you purchase and begin using your new vehicle scale, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you will ensure continued compliance with legal metrology standards:
- Make sure you keep your scale in good condition and renew the scale’s license. The expiration date can be found on the official label.
- In case it is necessary to replace one of the load cells, remember that the replacement cell must be of the same type, have an equal or lower load cell verification interval and have a current certificate of conformity.
- Beware of rebuilt or refurbished load cells. While less expensive, they are often not acceptable for use and do not have a certificate.
- If you replace the scale, make sure the new scale has a current Certificate permit.
Truck Scale Prices in Euros or Dollars
Floor Scale Platform With Entry And Exit Ramps
Price 750.00 Euro or Dollars
Extra Flat Floor Scale with ramp
Price 577.00 Euro or Dollars
Extra Flat Floor Scale With Stainless Steel Ramp
Price 1.728,00 Euro or Dollars
Reviews and Opinions on Truck Scales
- An absolute must when it comes to LTL shipments. Very strong scale. Highly recommended.
- Works very well, I have been using it for a while. works well. I would buy it again.
What is an Industrial Truck Weighing Platform ?
They are load cell systems with the most popular technology used. Each cell is made of a durable material such as steel or concrete with one or more strain gauges attached or embedded in it.
A voltage meter consists of a cable (or cables) that transmits a smooth electrical current. As the cell is subjected to weight, the voltage meter cable is altered or slightly compressed. The change in the cable results in a difference in the resistance to the current passing through it. The signal from each cell is sent to a junction box, where the sensors measure the variation in current and calculate the amount of weight the scale supports.
Related Products in ALPHAPEDIA
About Industry and Business in ALPHAPEDIA
Other Products of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Truck Scale Image
Prices and availability may differ from those published / Updated 2021-06-13 / Affiliate Links / Images are property of "Amazon Product Advertising API. Los precios y la disponibilidad pueden ser distintos a los publicados / Actualizados el 2021-06-13 / Enlaces de Afiliado / Las imágenes son propiedad de "Amazon Product Advertising API".