Types of PVC Elbows
Corner Elbow or Corner Elbow PVC
Corner elbows are made of durable, UV-resistant PVC. It is a corrosion resistant material and can withstand temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
An engineered plastic, it resists damage from the sun and outside elements, making it ideal for construction projects and projects. It is used in the Foldable Lounger.
Elbow PVC 110
It allows the circulation of water, from an ideal design for union and coupling of pipes.
Its angle allows the connection of pipes with different orientation, that is to say, a vertical section with another horizontal one.
Elbow PVC 40
PVC Elbow 40 is white and is commonly used for piping and drainage. The benefits of PVC include its strength, durability, cost and ease of installation.
The PVC 40 Elbow can be used for applications at temperatures below 140° F / 60° C. It is recommended for indoor plumbing distribution as it can be used for both hot and cold piping.
Elbow PVC 32mm
Elbow adapter of 32 mm inner diameter, white PVC tube connectors with 90 degree elbow shape. Smooth interior walls result in less pressure loss and more volume.
Healthy and non-toxic, ideal for the water pipe system.
Elbow PVC 50
The 50mm x 90° elbow joins two pieces of the same pressure tube at a 90° angle. It is used to redirect the pipe and to rotate corners.
Elbow PVC 125
The 125 mm inner diameter PVC elbow has high mechanical strength: it is good for resisting water pressure, external pressure and impact resistance. It is applicable to all kinds of piping projects at normal temperature.
Elbow PVC 160
The 160mm inner diameter PVC elbow is made from the oldest and most common plastic used in everyday life and industry.
Many uses of rigid PVC fittings include the transport of drinking water and foodstuffs; swimming pools; water treatment and chemical plants.
Elbow PVC 30 degrees
This is a PVC elbow with a curvature of 30 degrees. It has socket/slip joint connections and is made for the PVC pipe to fit inside. Joints require cement for an airtight seal.
6″ PVC Elbow
These 6-inch diameter elbows are used for drainage, waste and ventilation. They are used in gravity-fed waste disposal systems and are for non-pressurized systems where temperatures will not exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Triple PVC Elbow
They are designed to connect three PVC pipes and form a corner in any PVC structure. They have conical edges and come in several bright colors.
How to Change PVC Elbows ?
To change a PVC elbow the first thing we do is with a mandarria or chisel to discover the PVC pipe if it is embedded. Find out enough to work comfortably.
In order not to damage the pipe we will peel it off using heat to peel it off, with a hair dryer or a blowtorch we will achieve it. We remove very well the remainders of the previous glue sanding them, in case you need to apply solvent.
Then put the new glue and place the new elbow, let it dry a few hours before resuming the flow of water. If the elbow cannot be removed with heat or is too damaged and cut with a saw 10 cm before the elbow these centimeters cut with a double joint are replaced and the elbow is glued again on both ends and rotated a quarter turn.
How to Seal PVC Elbows ?
PVC cement is not like normal glue, which adheres to substances and acts as a bonding agent. PVC and CPVC cement actually breaks the outer layers of the pipe, allowing the material to literally combine.
This permanently binds PVC pipe and fittings together. If you are trying to use a PVC pipe to transport fluids or gases, PVC cement or special pressure fittings are needed to make sure there are no leaks.
How to Peel PVC Elbows ?
- PVC cement fuses PVC fittings with pipes, and they are not easy to separate, but sometimes a project is undertaken that requires it. PVC cement is permanent, but softens with heat.
- One such situation is when you have a PVC valve with a protruding length of pipe that is too short to connect to another connection. Heating the connection frees the pipe.
- At a temperature between 250 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit, the plastic and glue soften, allowing you to remove the pipe from the fitting.
- You don’t need expensive tools, a hair dryer provides enough heat. Point the dryer at the joint and hold it there until the plastic becomes soft.
- After removing the heat and grasping the end of the pipe with pliers, you should be able to turn it. Once you do this, the glue will break and the pipe and connection will separate.
How to Repair PVC Elbows ?
- The fiberglass wrap is a fiberglass fabric covered with resin activated by water.
- Wet the cloth in water and wrap it around the leaking PVC pipe or gasket, and the resin hardens in about 10 to 15 minutes. Follow the manufacturer’s application guidelines for best results and try to extend the wrap at least 2 inches to each side of the hole or crack.
- Epoxies designed to bond to PVC and other plastics commonly come in the form of putty and liquid (syringe). Both can be used to repair leaks from PVC pipes and tubes. Dry the area and apply epoxy.
- Most types are set in approximately 25 minutes, but may take an hour or more to reach full strength. Liquid epoxy is thinner than putty and may be better for crack leaks.
- Silicone rubber repair tape is a thick, tough tape that adheres to itself rather than to the part it is repairing. It is elastic and a bit rubbery, so it can stretch and stick to itself to increase the compression of the tape wraps.
- Wrap the tape around the joint or leaking PVC pipe, extending the wraps beyond the repair area. One of the advantages of repair tape is that it can be rolled down to make divisions in a pipe. One disadvantage is that it can be difficult to apply in confined spaces.
Reference Prices in Euros for PVC Elbows
In the market we find different types of elbows, with different materials and measures, and each measure we find it with different functions and angles.
The prices are equal of variants, but also very economic, we can obtain them in 0.25 euros up to 20euros or more. Everything varies depending on the use and the model.
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Images of PVC ELBOWS