The role of a Security Manager involves the identification of assets (buildings, people, products, information and infrastructure) and the development and implementation of policies, procedures and measures to safeguard these assets.
Methods used to understand which controls might be appropriate to protect assets include information classification, risk assessment, risk analysis, and rating of system vulnerabilities.
In many workplaces, a Security Manager is tasked with ensuring physical security in a real-world environment, protecting not only products and goods, but also the personal safety of employees, visitors and customers or clients in the workplace.
The Chief Security Officer aims to create a stable work environment in which people and organizations can pursue their goals and objectives “without disruption or damage and without fear of such disruption or injury.
The Security Manager focuses on loss prevention and may include:
- The identification and protection against risks.
- Recruitment or provision of armed response, bodyguard and armored delivery services.
- The implementation of IT security.
- The conduct of polygraph testing, drug testing and psychological stress assessments.
If you are passionate about what you read above and want to pursue this career, you should start with a Free Security Manager Course.
What are the Security Manager Courses ?
A Security Management Course is training, where security officers develop skills in observation, first aid, investigation techniques, loss prevention and crisis management. Additional training is also needed for security officers seeking employment as a Chief of Security in specialized areas such as airports, nuclear power plants and game surveillance.
Formal training can be completed through state-approved on-the-job training programs offered by employers or through courses offered at local community colleges and career centers.
Offered by community colleges and workforce training centers, Manager Security Courses are generally taught by professionals with law enforcement experience. Security Manager Courses provide the basic knowledge and skills security officers need to obtain a license.
Schedule, Subjects and Content of the Security Manager Course
The program content of the Head of Security course generally covers the following topics:
- Emergency response procedures.
- Crime scene prevention.
- The legal authority of security officers.
- Loss prevention and appropriate use of force.
- The security code of ethics.
- The importance of security and security management in an organization.
- Types of security management.
- Role and responsibilities of the security manager.
- Skills and characteristics that employers look for when hiring security personnel.
- Liability issues when carrying a firearm.
- Legal aspects of firearm use.
- Skill competencies.
- Physical security countermeasures.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Budgeting and accounting.
- Creating security plans.
- Handling government inspections.
- Leadership / Ongoing meetings.
Countries and Cities Where You Could Study the Security Manager Course for Free Getting a Scholarship
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
Institutes, Centers and Universities Where the Security Manager Course is Possibly Taught for Free, through Scholarships
Chief Operating Security Officer Course
- ISA Israel
- Shefayim, Israel.
Security Director Course
- International Security Training
- Arizona, United States.
Certified in Security Management
- The Safety Institute
- Nuneaton, United Kingdom.
Security Management Training
- SGS South Africa
- Woodmead, South Africa.
Crisis Management and Security Course
- Leiden University
- Leiden, the Netherlands.
Security Management Course
- Starco Safety and Security Training
- Zurich, Switzerland.
Investigations and Security Management
- Grant MacEwan College
- Alberta, Canada.
Security Chief Course Reference Prices
The prices of the Security Chief Courses are varied. The prices of these courses are between $20 and $3,570. The cost of these courses will vary depending on the country where the course is held, the institution or university that teaches the course, the modality, the duration of the course and the materials provided during the course, among other factors.
Click for Other Studies at Different Academic Levels
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
Image of Free Course