Prices, Models, Brands and Reviews of FLOORING TILES in AMAZON United State, Canada and United Kingdom Online
What Do You Call Tiles ?
These are the Tiles, these are flat pieces of terracotta or ceramic of little thickness, glazed and vitrified by a face which can or not be decorated, they are commonly smooth or with relief.
There are different techniques for manufacturing and painting the Tiles. They come in different shapes and designs, although the square and rectangular ones predominate in the market in sales. They can be arranged on floors and walls.
There are specialized shops where you can get offers in varied or economic models. After choosing your best option, you can buy and take home your tiles to continue with your project.
How to Cut Tiles?
We must use a strip or a ruler as a guide, and a tracing tip to scratch the glaze of the tile. Once the tile has been marked with the help of these tools, we must take both parts with our hands, and with a single dry movement or a small stroke we will cut it to perfection.
We can use notching pliers with tungsten carbide wheels, tile saw, grinder, lever cutter, among other tools to work the tiles.
A List of the Most Sold Tile Cutters in the Amazon Online Stores
Kitchen Floors and Tiles in United State
They are designed for kitchen use only, as the vitrified enamel on the top layer provides the necessary insulation for use in wet areas and exposed to heat, dirt or grease. They are easy to clean. There are different designs and models available for the floor and walls of your kitchen.
Bathroom Floors and Tiles
It is an essential element in a bathroom, decorating our floors and walls while protecting them from moisture. In today’s market there is a wide range of textures to cover and decorate the bathroom, a variety that expands even more if we consider the particular colors and decorative designs.
The tiles for the bathroom wall are regularly smooth, are manufactured in this way to be easy to clean and avoid accumulation of moisture and dirt, thus also avoiding the proliferation of pockets of germs, mold and bacteria.
Bathroom floor tiles are and should be rough or with a non-slip texture, perfect for walking on wet floors and avoiding accidents or falls in the bathroom.
How to Tile ?
- The first thing is to verify that the wall is smooth, a long rule and a carpentry level will help us to make this inspection, the surface of the wall or floor must be rough and must be clean and free of dust.
- We take the measurements of the surface where the tiles will be placed and we draw with a chalk the desired outline and centered of how they will be arranged, we can also help us with leveling canvases.
- The tiles are placed without adhesive material, just to see their distribution and determine where the cuts and finishes should be made.Then, make mortar or paste to stick tiles that is composed of prepared powder and water.
- The next step is to apply this mortar paste to the previously wet wall or floor, with the help of toothed trowels, combs or trowels, with the straight part of this it is applied on the surface and with the toothed part it is extended and distributed the mixture to achieve a better fixation.
- It is necessary to work by small extensions, to avoid that the mixture dries, the tile is put in the place where the mortar was applied and it is pressed firmly, insert a spacer and repeat the operation, check constantly the level along the whole process.
- It is also recommended the use of spacers for better alignment and uniformity in the joints. Remember to cut the tiles to size for missing edges and details. Then allow to dry.
- When the joints are dry, they should be filled with previously mixed grout, applied with a rubber trowel and left to dry for 15 minutes, after which time they should be cleaned with a damp sponge and left to dry again. When dry, polish with a clean dry cloth.
How to Lay Decorative Tiles ?
The wall on which you are going to fix the tiles must be completely smooth and free of dust and dirt. Then apply adhesive material or mortar paste, spread with a trowel and put the tile in the place where the paste was applied by pressing a little, we recommend starting your design from the bottom up.
How to Paint Tiles ?
You must clear the area to be painted of dust or dirt, apply a layer of paint fixer and let it dry, then apply a layer of paint and let it dry, repeat if necessary.
How to Paint Kitchen Tiles ?
First clean the tiles with soap and water, in order to remove any kind of grease or dirt, then dry them with a cloth and cover the accessories and edges that are not to be painted with body tape and plastic.
Proceed to apply a coat of fixing primer, and let it dry, then apply a coat of tile paint in the desired color. This paint is highly resistant to grease and water.
There are different methods and tricks to clean the tiles, you can use detergents, degreasers, alcohol, nitric acid, ammonia, among others.
Kitchen Tile Cleaning
Add a jet of soap to a bucket full of warm water and stir until bubbles form on the surface. Once the solution is prepared, soak the sponge and rub it over the tiles. Replace the bucket with warm water and degreasing soap, repeat the process cleaning all the tiles again. Wipe the tiles with a clean dry cloth to prevent mould from forming.
How to Clean Perched Tiles ?
Mix hot water and two tablespoons of ammonia, wet the pad and clean and disinfect the area by rubbing all the tiles. The next step is to clean and dry with a clean dry cloth.
How to Clean Stained Tiles ?
To get rid of mold and scale stains, mix vinegar and water in equal parts and spray directly on the tiles. Leave it to work for 20 minutes by rubbing with a brush until it is completely removed.
Cleaning Tiles with Vinegar and Bicarbonate
Remove water marks from the tiles by wiping with a cloth moistened with vinegar. Bicarbonate is also a great cleaning option thanks to its degreasing powers. Sprinkle bicarbonate on the tiles and rub them with a damp sponge, let them dry and then remove them with a clean dry cloth.
Issues Related to Other Materials
Other Topics of Interest in ALPHAPEDIA
IMAGE OF FLOORS AND TILES
Prices and availability may differ from those published / Updated 2021-06-18 / Affiliate Links / Images are property of "Amazon Product Advertising API. Los precios y la disponibilidad pueden ser distintos a los publicados / Actualizados el 2021-06-18 / Enlaces de Afiliado / Las imágenes son propiedad de "Amazon Product Advertising API".